Search for Books
New Books from Amazon
How Book Swapping WorksLookforBooks.org was developed as an online community where readers could come together and share their thoughts on and exchange books with one another. To this we have developed a process to facilitate this exchange with an even larger community and therefore a larger selection which to exchange.
You must be a member of lookforbooks.org with a valid email and mailing address in order to exchange books. Here is how the process works:
- You start the registration process by clicking here.
- We verify your email address by sending you an email with a unique code for you to enter.
- We verify your mailing address in real-time with the US Postal Service.
- Once sucessful, you get one(1) credit with which you can request a book.
- Login to your account and search for books on our system that others are willing to trade.
- Make a selection and the book owner receives an email to send you the book.
- The owner mails the book to you. You will be notified via email once the book has been sent.
- You receive the book and verify with us that it has been received.
After your intitial 1 credit is received, you will get one credit for every book you mail out to another lookforbooks.org member that is verified to have been received. 1 credit equals one book. We do not advance credits on our system. You will receive an email once it is verified that your book has been received. You can then use that credit to request a book from another member.
If one of your books is requested, you have 14 days to mail it and let us know that it is mailed. After you mailed it, we will wait 7 days to hear back from the other member. We will make attempts up to 14 days to get in touch with the other member.
Members that fail to respond in the allotted amount of time will have their accounts suspended and will not be able to trade on lookforbooks.org unless a resolution is reached.